Halloumi Sandwich with Veggies and Basil
These vegetarian grilled halloumi sandwiches are paired with tomatoes, basil green leaves, olive oil, and nestled between baguette bread. Then, throw the halloumi on the grill while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. At the end, be ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
- Halloumi Cheese sliced into 1/4 inch slabs
- 1 Baguette Bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato
- Basil green leaves
- Coat both sides of the sliced halloumi cheese with 1 tablespoon of olive oil using a brush.
- Place the halloumi on the grill or pan and cook until grill lines forms and the cheese is melting. Usually, it takes 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice the baguette loaf in half and brush the inside of each piece with a little of olive oil.
- While the halloumi is cooking toast the baguette on the grill until lightly charred
- Remove the bread and halum from the grill.
- Assemble the sandwich by layering the grilled halloumi with fresh basil and sliced tomatoes.